Friday 13 January 2017

Hello,

So after a very brief snow the sun is streaming through the windows today :) nice!  I have yet to venture out but I'm sure its pretty cold!  
So here's a map I illustrated of Barcelona (yes I know obsessed!)  It is great drawing something you love.  I tend to draw all the main elements first, larger than I will use them and often quite detailed.  I then shrink them down and decide what to keep in and what marks to remove.  For example with the Sagrada Familia I knew I wanted to add the openings going up the towers as they are such an iconic feature of the building.  I also enjoy taking aspects of buildings and other features to make up the decorative aspects of the piece.  Barcelona is so filled with patterns and amazing forms that I was in my element here :).  Every time I think of Barcelona I am filled with happiness, it really was such an amazing time for me.  I'm hoping this year I will be able to travel more it inspires me so much!


I hope you have a great weekend, If you've got snow keep warm and I hope you can go and enjoy it!


No comments:

Post a Comment