Sunday 30 April 2017

Exhibitions and birds


Hello again,

It's been a lovely weekend and tomorrow is bank holiday, hooray!  I'm looking forward to a day full of drawing and painting which makes me very happy indeed.
Just lately I've been continuing drawing birds, particularly the ones I see regularly where I live, so lots of Crows and Magpies.  I've been pulling out all my supplies (I end up working on a tiny area of my desk surrounded by lots of art materials!) and mixing up all the media which I love doing.  I've also brought out pastels which I haven't used for a long time, it's been great fun working with them (and making a lot of mess of course).  I'm working on another one now but below are a couple I completed.


I've also been to some wonderful exhibitions.  Two of the highlights were Lisa Brice's wonderful blue gouache paintings at the Stephen Friedman Gallery which has now closed, and today I went to see Josef Frank at the Fashion and Textile Museum.  I'd been wanting to see this for ages and it was a wonderful colourful treat, it closes next weekend I think so I'd recommend visiting if you can.  Here's some of my favourites from both exhibitions.

Lisa Brice

Josef Frank

How gorgeous are they?  Just lovely.  I hope you have a great week, I'm off to continue painting into the night yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment