Monday 7 August 2017

Two Versions

Hello there,

Below are two food Illustrations of the same recipe!  I don't often redo work although I make a lot of rough versions testing out colours, marks and composition, but I tend to move on once I've completed something.  With the first image I was never entirely happy with the composition, there are bits of it I like but as a whole I just don't think it works and the bowl was really bothering me!  I put it away for a couple of days and then decided to do another version.  I'm happier with the second one, it feels lighter more like the salady look I wanted.  I thought I'd post both for you to take a look.  Which do you prefer?

Version 1

Version 2

I have to say the dish itself is delicious and very filling, it's like eating a bowl of health, you just know its super good for you!  
I hope you've had a good weekend and Monday!  Time for bed for me, it's been a long day and I need some zzz's.....
I'll be back soon with some more foodie treats.  Have a good week :).


No comments:

Post a Comment