Saturday 10 March 2018

Women's Health Food Illustrations

Hello,

I am pleased to report that my cold is almost gone, hooray!  This means that I'm back to working as normal again.  It still amazes me how a cold can knock you out sometimes, but it did mean I spent some time fiddling around with some collages which has been something I've been wanting to do for a while, a way of using up some old pieces of work, and working on my colour.  I'll come back to that another time, but today I wanted to share some commissioned work from this months Women's Health UK magazine.  The article is all about food in the UK and was a pretty perfect commission for me because it included a map and food!  Things I love to draw!  The food map was also my first double page so it was immensely exciting for me.  Altogether there were five illustrations included in the article.  I've worked with Women's Health a few times now and they're always great to work with. Here are the original illustrations shown below






Here's the spreads from the magazine




I really enjoyed working on these and it's great to see the final product.  
This week I've been working on another map.  It's almost complete and has been a lot of fun to create, that's what I'm going to get back to now along with a nice cup of coffee.  Have a lovely weekend :).  

No comments:

Post a Comment