Monday 27 November 2023

Flyer winner!

Hello,

So I'm back with some exciting news.  Yesterday I was told that my flyer for the @illustratorsfair won the competition!!  I'm so shocked and dead chuffed.  There were so many beautiful flyers (check out the @illustratorsfair feed to see all the entries), I don't know how the judges ever made a decision!  It's been so lovely to read everyones comments and see the likes, I'm totally overwhelmed!  

I had a lot of fun creating this flyer.  I'll be honest I started out with a totally different design, the only similarity to this was that there was a bird on it.  I worked on it for a bit but I wasn't happy, abandoned the idea, sketched out a new one, and went for a new colour palette.  I am really happy with how it turned out.  Sometimes an idea just seems to come together and that happened with this.  I got to play a lot with texture and I loved making the border and the blue frostiness in the background.  

They are now continuing with a wildcard flyer competition that anyone can enter to also create a flyer for the event.  So if you'd like to submit a design check out their feed to see how to get involved.  

The fair itself is now just under two weeks away (how did that happen)!!?!  This weekend I've been organising my stall ready for the next few weeks of markets.  The first is this coming Saturday in Kentish Town.  It's the first market of @ktmakersmarket it's going to be held in a beautiful church.  There will be pizza on sale as well so if that doesn't make you want to come I don't know what does :D.  I will be there with all my prints, cards, illustrated mirrors, notebooks, stickers, Christmas themed goods and tree decorations..phew! 

This is their flyer for the event and below that all the markets and fairs I'll be doing.  If you are looking to buy from me, or just want to see my creations but can't make the markets, everything can be found over on my Etsy shop SharonFarrowArt.


These are all the markets I'll be doing in December.  It would be lovely to see you if you are coming to any of them :).  I will post more about each one as we go through the month.


So, have a great week and I'll be back soon :).





No comments:

Post a Comment