Saturday 13 January 2018

Inspired by nature

Hello,

I hope you're all doing well.  I'm feeling really settled into 2018, the end of year break seems well behind me.  So far January has been pretty good for me.  I've been busy creating new work and organising myself for the months ahead.
As I said in my previous blog, my little Christmas trip back to the countryside has inspired some new work.  I'm determined to try and travel a bit more this year, (I think I say this every year though!) it's so good for me, it always gives me new ideas and just clears my head.  The illustration below was inspired by a country walk and also a book I started reading, there was mention of a hare and I knew immediately I wanted to bring one into my work, sometimes that's all it takes.  I wanted this illustration to have a decorative aspect also.  I love to take plants and make some sort of pattern with them and it was really enjoyable to just sit and build up the pattern using a mix of media, I was in my element!  I also love challenging myself with restricting my colour palette, colour is hard!  I'm really pleased with how this turned out though.  I worked on an A3 paper size for this, I've been working at A4 or smaller just recently so this made a nice change.


I hope you've had a good week.  I'm sketching for some new work this evening and tomorrow will be (hopefully) a painting day :).  Bye for now 





No comments:

Post a Comment