Friday 25 January 2019

January

Hello,

So, January is almost at an end.  The month which I know many think is the worst of the year.  I've actually enjoyed mine, even the cold, (I think this week was the first real cold snap for me).  So, as (in the UK at least) it's a time to be warm and toasty I'm sharing a winter vegetable illustration.  I love root veggies, super easy to cook and very healthy too.  They also have these beautiful rich colours.


Whilst on a healthy theme it's also the time of year when a lot of people get to the gym and go on a bit of a health kick.  I wanted to draw more objects so I decided to draw my trainers (these ones are only a few weeks old so they still look decent).  I wanted to draw them simply using only ink and pen, just as a challenge for myself really. 


Last weekend I also took a trip to the William Morris Gallery it was a beautiful albeit cold day and as the sun was setting I took a quick walk around the gardens.  It's so nice and peaceful there and of course the gallery has a beautiful collection.  


I also visited the Royal Academy to see the Klimt/Schiele drawings.  I really wanted to see these drawings close up.  I think it closes this weekend so if you get the chance go.  
Ok that's it for now.  Have a wonderful weekend!  





No comments:

Post a Comment