Friday 23 November 2018

The crow

Hello,

I hope you're having a good week.  This week I've been working on lots of fun new work which I will show soon.  I also finished a large scale drawing I'd been working on.  It's been an age since I did anything this size and it was so nice to get back to large brushes and lovely large marks.  If I'm honest I'd wanted to create this illustration for ages but didn't have the time to really focus on it properly, I wanted to give it all my energy rather than just dipping in and out.  I really enjoyed it and I'm definitely going to do more.  My subject was a crow because I find them so fascinating.  I wanted to use blacks, greys and a hint of gold leaf as once again it's been so long since I just created a piece in black and white.  I did do numerous large studies before committing to the final and I am really happy with the result.





That's me at the bottom, for the purpose of scale and being a bit silly I know :).  I would love to create more work like this so if you're a business/person with a space on your wall that needs filling why not give me a shout (shameless plug). 
Have a lovely weekend, it's going to be a nippy one methinks, a great excuse to find somewhere nice and cosy to have a lovely hot drink.  See you next week :).




No comments:

Post a Comment